Monday, May 18, 2009

Winding down

We are getting there...we're down to the last three weeks of school. They are a busy few weeks, and I am so looking forward to a break from homework. I know that it is important, but this close to the end of the year it is like pulling teeth. Today Jaden told me I could use my imagination and think that she had done her reading homework...Mama don't play that though. If I'm signing that you did it then you are actually gonna do it!!! Her main problem is that she is a procrastinator. I was exactly the same. It's a wonder my mom never killed me for all the stuff I put off that she ended up helping me with...or doing for me...remember all those history questions you stayed up and found the answers to for me. Did I ever say sorry about that or thank you? If not I am saying it loud and clear right now!!! Anyway, she has a chance to do her homework in her after school program and after we get home, but it always seems to get put off until about 8:30...I'm going to have to get better about this next year...I hear 3rd grade is a big jump.

Jaden had her first ever big project that she had to do this year. It was due today...we finished it yesterday. Luckily they did all their own research in class, and she did work really hard getting all the information she needed. The hard part was getting her to actually sit down and put it all together and getting her to try using hand writing that someone else could actually read...that one I'm blaming totally on her daddy!!! I think after all the whining and complaining it turned out pretty good and was something she could be proud of.



Friday was a day away from actual school work, a day for fun...FIELD DAY!!! Jaden had a great time and was so proud of all her ribbons. After all the races in the morning, the afternoon was all about fun and bounce houses and snow cones and playing with friends. Wish we would have had this when I was in school!!!






1 comment:

  1. Procrastination must run in the family. I know I am guilty of it, and Aaron is showing that he is too. We'll see if Sadie has the same gene. Aaron also has terrible handwriting...it is his worst grade every 6 weeks. We plan to work on that over the summer, but me and Toby both suffer from illegibility (not to be confused w/ illegitimacy).

    Our field day is this Friday. Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete