Thursday, June 4, 2009

Flashback

Yesterday before getting my tooth prepped and my temporary crown put on I was asked if I wanted laughing gas for the first time in my adult life. I of course said yes...let's make this as easy and pain free as possible. After getting the gas mask put on, I suddenly had a flashback to all those visits I had as a kid to get cavity after cavity filled. I had visions of following the yellow brick road back to one of the chairs in Dr. Longanecker's office and them telling me to get ready to fly on the plane...that's what they tell you when you're a kid getting high on laughing gas I guess. The smells were the same, guess they haven't changed that much in the drilling and grinding process, and my dentist even kinda sounded like Dr. Longanecker...although he didn't call me pumpkin, that was kind of a disappointment. The similarities pretty much ended there though, because this old version of Marie started to get a little sick from all that laughing gas and had them take it off...then the yellow brick road vanished from my mind and I was just at the dentist doing nothing more than getting a temporary crown put on, bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm having flashbacks just thinking about that yellow brick road...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kids go that same office, only no more yellow brick road. i almost cried the first time i went back and it wasn't there. now there are tv's at every chair.

    i miss the yellow brick road.

    ReplyDelete