Thursday, July 9, 2009

I can only imagine

Jaden has seen bits and pieces of the media coverage of Michael Jackson, really how can you not see some of it somewhere if you turn on your TV or get on the internet? I can only imagine most of what she is thinking as a child who didn't watch him gradually evolve from the child star to the Thriller version to what the final result was. She has asked some questions about some of the stuff...like when she saw him as a child and early on and I told her that was Michael Jackson, she said to me "No, he's black." So then I had to explain that he was indeed a black man and that he had changed himself. Her next question was, "What was wrong with being black?" I really had no definitive answer for her on this one...so we just decided to move on. I also saw her watching his final rehearsal on the internet one day and then overheard her telling one of her friends, "I watched his last video on the internet, and let me tell you something...that guy can't sing." She asked me the other day after she heard one of the news people referring to him as the king of pop, "I thought that was Elvis?" I guess this means at least she had heard of Elvis!!! Hopefully everything should be getting back to normal pretty soon, and we can move on to more pressing matters...like who Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers are dating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment