Sunday, October 25, 2009

The weekend

I'm still trying to figure out where all my time is going. I don't know where it all is...just know I don't have it anymore. We should have pretty much the same schedule as last year, but for some reason this year seems much more rushed and hurried and stressful than last year. We seem to be eating out all the time and just running from one place to the next...well not actually running...that's another thing I am finding a hard time fitting into my schedule. I think I only made it onto the treadmill twice last week, although I can't actually even remember if that's correct or not. This weekend there was no break for us either. We bought a new HDTV on Thurs. night and spent Fri. night moving furniture and such and trying to figure out how it would look best in our living room. What we had wasn't working, so Joe and I headed out to look for something else. We didn't find anything, so I went back out Sat. morning to check a few other places...nothing really jumped out at me.



Then it was time for soccer. They let us play on the soggy fields since they have run out of dates for makeup games. Jaden had a big asthma attack toward the end of the first half. Since the parents are required to sit on the other side of the field this year, I had to run through all the mud to get over to help. Luckily her inhaler worked quickly. She even went back into the game in the second half, although her coach put her in as a defender to give her a bit of a break!!!



Here are a few pictures from the game.








She plays with her tongue out a lot!!!



She was pretty disgusting after the game. Feel sorry for those football parents who have to deal with the muddy clothes a lot more. Joey told her she would have to ride in the back of his truck. She didn't think this was a very good idea!!! Luckily he had a towel in there, so after taking off her shoes, she was allowed to get in.


After the game we grabbed some food on the run and then headed out to meet some friends at the pumpkin patch. We went on the train ride, hit the bounce houses and face painting and just had a good time hanging out with everyone!!!














Joe met up with us afterward...OU was playing after all and he couldn't miss that to hang out at a pumpkin patch...for dinner and drinks with everyone. Then we went looking for the TV stand/ mount again. Still no luck, but I did find one that we got on Sunday, so by about 7:00 Sunday night we finally had everything up and running and in its place and enough time to grill out some steaks...yeah eating at home...before the next wave of storms rolled in to make sure we would stay on the soggy side!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment