Sunday, April 26, 2009

Busy Weekend

Well the craziness started Fri. evening for us as this was the annual camp out to register for the after school program in our school district. There are a limited number of spots in the program, and you have to re-register every year. Our school is always the first to fill up...hence the camp out. They give instructions that you can't start lining up at the school where it is taking place...all elementary schools in the district register at the same school each year...until 8 pm the night before. This year they even had the cops there to make sure. Parents of course still showed up before the 8 pm guideline and lined up on the street until they were let onto the campus of the school. For the first time, the guys did the camping. I was extremely relieved...in case you don't know this about me, I am not into camping. I am the kind of girl who needs bathrooms and a bed. I did have strict instructions to show up at 7 am Sat. morning to relieve Joe though...he wasn't real excited to be the one stuck out there getting no sleep either, but he did it for me and I was extremely grateful!!!



Jaden got to hang out with our friends Tony and Samantha Fri. night and of course had a great time and got spoiled a little in the process. They came over to get her Fri. night and gave her three options for the evening...shop at Justice, play put-put golf, or go to build-a-bear. She says she did eny-meny-miny-mo to make her decision, but really she's a little shopper so we all knew they would end up at Justice. So to sum it up, Joe had a terrible night sleeping outside, I got my packet ready to turn in Sat. morning and got some other stuff done while I had some free time, and J had a great time...until Sat. morning that is when she had to get up a little after 6 am. She is definitely not a morning person and was certainly no ray of sunshine. We made it by our deadline though and she came back home w/Joe. Then it was up to me to stand in line for 3 hours with my fingers crossed hoping they still had a spot when I got up there. Luckily there were four 2nd and 3rd grade spots left, so we're good for another year!!! Joe got a little rest then we headed out for a soccer game. Our team played pretty well...Jaden not so much. She says it's because she was too tired to play...hopefully next weekend she can get in all of her beauty sleep before game time. Here are a couple of pictures from the game on Sat...only one more to go in case you're tired of looking at soccer pictures!!!











After that it's been on to our regular weekend activities...all the fun of laundry, bathroom cleaning, grocery shopping (my least fav. thing to do) and all the other errands and chores that need to be done. Man...I think I'm ready to head back to work and get a break from the weekend!!!
































2 comments:

  1. Oh, Marie! I'm so glad you got somewhat of a break from that registering craziness!! I remember when we did it together the first year and we had no idea it was going to be so insane!! If I was still there, I'd go with you again!! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it seems to get worse every year. But everytime I go I remember that first year too and think of you and smile at how I thought 5 am should be plenty early to get a spot!!! Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete